Sunday, February 27, 2011

Play


I really like Arturo Herrera’s work. I like how he plays with collage and is trying to invent something new out of it. I personally like collage and it is my favorite thing about art in school, besides ink (or sharpie). It might have to do with the fact that it adds different textures, colors, and shapes. It doesn’t even have to make sense, it can be just abstract or design. Here is what appears to be a castle lost in lines, or an ant looking through glass. That is what is nice about art, you can make it what ever you want, whether the viewer or in the artist.




While looking up Arturo, I found Matthew Ritchie. Love, love the craziness and how jammed packed his work is. His art is a piece that can be looked at for a long time or even days apart and something would be discovered each time. Ritchie’s work looks similar in some aspects as Herrera’s. It could be the harsh black and light possibly watercolor parts. The layers and layers of object's  shapes are interesting. They look like explosions. He also does installation work and this, in my opinion, brings his work to life and off the wall. 





No comments:

Post a Comment