Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Consumption





This episode presented Michael Ray Charles, Matthew Barney, Andrea Zittel, and Mel Chin. To be completely honest, this is the first episode where I feel like I was not inspired by their work. No one caught my eye. I don’t have much to say in this post except that it made me aware that not everyone will understand or like your work.

I also realized, that artists are crazy or at least a little crazy (briefly mentioned in class the other day). To me these artists seem to be stuck in their own little world. Making their world, ideas, and dreams through art. They create so that they themselves understand or try to understand the art. 

This picture is of the Revival Field, which is what Mel Chin talked about. This is his Science-Art work. A certain type of plant helps take the toxics and metals out the soil. This then helps then harvest the plants and renews the soil to a natural state.


No comments:

Post a Comment