Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Memory


I am repeating myself again by saying that I don’t have much to say about this episode. Maybe I am tired or just wasn’t wowed. I just want to talk about Hiroshi Sugimoto. I really love photography and really wish I knew a “proper” way of doing it. I thought it was interesting that he doesn’t do any of the new wave technology. He prefers to shoot with the natural light. I respect that, but technology can enhance a photo so much more. When I think of the traditional way of photograph, and looking at a photo like that, I think it is just beautiful. I guess I like the idea of editing a photo.

Here are photos of a dress collection that Sugimoto shot (kind of reminds me of editorial work that would be seen in a magazine).    




Another group of work that Hiroshi Sugimoto focused on was out of focused work. I am not sure what I think of it. I like it and then don’t. I think it messes with my eyes, as if my contacts are not in, and that bothers me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment