Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Protest


I felt like I connected, understood, and saw the protest in these artist works. I like when people try to make a difference, what ever way they can. Alfredo Jaar stood out the most. He had passion and a heart-breaking story of Rwanda. He explained how little attention or help was being reported about the country. He had to go there and get their message out, but in respect to the people. As artist we can demand attention in certain circumstances. That is very important to me, because artist can get their own personal opinion/message about an event/topic or collaborate with organizations. I’m coming from a “graphic designer thought” when I mean organizations. I love the idea of possibly designing for an organization, etc. to draw people into an organization or raise thought to what is going on locally, nationally, and internationally.




Alfredo said he uses different skills for different installations. I have noticed a pattern in the Art 21 episodes, that many artist have an idea and then collaborate or higher people to do the skill that they do not posses. I’ve learned that you need to be open to people’s input and the idea of using people’s skills even if you cannot execute them yourself.       

No comments:

Post a Comment