Saturday, March 12, 2011

Paradox


This episode was hard to follow or maybe it was because I just wasn’t paying enough attention. I did not like Catherine Sullivan’s work. I didn’t get it. I thought it was weird, yet funny. It is amazing that people can move drastically with ever changing facial expressions. A lot of the past artist that we have looked at in Art 21, have had a lot of assistance and people around working to make their work happen. Robert Ryman however prefers to work alone. At first that is what I thought I would like to do if I were one of them, but now it seems lonely. I like how people have connections and networking to be in the presence of others with different skills. Mark Bradford was my favorite out of the group. I liked the work with the soccer ball and the google like map one. I like the colors and how abstract they look.   


No comments:

Post a Comment